Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Backyard Wedding

Alice in Wonderland wedding. We had my sons wedding on the last, very last sunny good weekend October 6th 2012.  We were incredibly lucky. We had a stretch of 80 + days of dry weather and this was the last of it, it was a perfect day about 72 degrees, pretty perfect for October I would say.  Here's the arbor they were married in front of.

We had three tents and beautiful satin chair covers and ivory bows. The bride made 5' tall paper mache mushrooms for the theme of Alice and Wonderland, they turned out pretty cool.  It was pretty tough keeping some green lawn with our stretch of dry weather and still having color in the garden in October.
Here's the mushrooms that my new daughter-in-law Ashley Welch made out of paper mache in my garden, wish I could keep them up but the rains will ruin them.

3 comments:

  1. hi i know how to make it so you can keep your mushrooms outdoors in the summer. i did it with rust-oleum painters touch ultra cover 2x gloss clear it wont yellow and seals and protects. you need to spray two coats then wait 24 hours then two coats wait for 24 hours elc.. you will be useing about two to three cans when you are done but should last for a year or more. dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I did apply a light coat then realized it was going to take ALLOT of coats and said forget it, so now stored for the bride. Thanks so much for your reply.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm currently trying to make my own mushrooms for a dance recital prop, and your daughter-in-law's are BY FAR the best I've seen around. Any chance you could/would tell me what she used for the cap? They won't be sold or published anywhere. It's just a small local dance recital. I would be so appreciative!!!! Thanks :)

    andykat07 @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete